
After being prepped with instructions about not staring at the sun without his glasses for fear of blindness and headaches and anything else I could think of to get him to listen, curiosity got the best of a certain six-year-old, who repeatedly snuck glances with just a portion of one eye after suspiciously eyeing the crowd to see if anyone would notice.
And if a once-in-a-lifetime natural wonder weren't enough reason for out of the ordinary partying on the tail end of a busy weekend, a whole bunch of little people jumping up and down while excitedly screaming "Ring of Fire! Ring of Fire!" as the moon eclipsed the sun was all the affirmation we needed to relax and enjoy. They loved it.

Our two little people and their pals also sang Johny Cash's "Ring of Fire" in near unison as it blared over the car stereo, courtesy our neighbor's sweet eclipse mix, and I am still wishing I would have brought the camcorder along.
Suffice it to say, I was warm and fuzzy and may have choked back a tear
or two as I thought about how grateful I am to have found our way all
the way from Toledo, Ohio to this neighborhood full of friends in
southern Utah. So grateful the sun and moon (and stars) aligned.
![]() |
| I didn't have a filter for the camera, so this is as good as I could get with the viewing glasses as a make-shift lens. |




No comments:
Post a Comment