There is no limit to how much fun motherhood can be if you just sit back and listen to your kids carry on a conversation.
Porter had a well child check yesterday that included a litany of questions, doctor to 6 YO, about bike helmets and street crossing and strangers, etc. Luckily, Porter is a good listener and had all the right answers, making me look like the model parent (though I can assure you, I am not).
The backseat conversation on the way home, however, makes me nervous for a certain 3 YO who lives in her own imaginary land...
After I explained that it would be fine to scream and kick and yell and even bite if a stranger tried to grab her, Nora replied:
"But mommy, maybe we should just get a giant shark pet to go to the store with us. Then, if a stranger tries to get me, I will just let my shark bite his arm off."
And her much more logical big brother's response:
"Hmmm. We would have to have a pretty big fish tank. I don't think it would fit in our house, Nora."
So grateful for creative, innocent kids (even if it means I may never be able to let them out of my sight—unless, of course, we get that pet shark).


3 comments:
:) Too cute.
Oh goodness! Our kids are SO much alike...the first while still fun and crazy is very logical while the second is SO imaginative and so different than the older brother. Don't you LOVE how different their personalities are. :)
Love Nora's idea. I wish I lived in that imaginary land most days.
Post a Comment