He balances out his timid nature with a focus and determination that often surprises me. After two practice runs on the front yard grass, he told Andy he was ready, and got it on the first try. Want another look? (He is pretty darn cute, after all.)

I was sure he was done after the first fall a few runs in (when he tried to turn), but after Andy brushed off his knees and hands, he took a deep breath, climbed back on, and has talked of nothing but his bike ever since. It helped that his best pal Jon was learning right alongside him.
Quite possibly one of my favorite milestones yet.








2 comments:
I love the stress that they will fall and the exhilaration when they do it! I agree it is a great milestone - kind of reminds me of when they start walking. Any minute they could wipe out and not want to do it again but they fall and keep trying just determined to ride the bike!! Love it!
YAY!!!! One of my favorites too! :)
Post a Comment