5.18.2012

The Mom's Heart

Though this is not my original find (Thanks, Chelsea), I loved it too much to forget it:


I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions. (Augusten Burroughs)

Anyone else feel like this most of the time?

Speaking of good intentions, I was yet again reminded that my kids don't need much to be happy (and that I all too often trade simple joys for over-the-top hoopla) when, after a great night at the carnival with good friends and cotton candy, Porter asked if we could just play at home with our family tomorrow. Earnestly striving to simplify; why is it so darn hard to do?

In other news, Porter joined me at work for a little while the other day and worked up this post-it note montage. I am one lucky lady.


In his words: "Here we are in love...I am yawning with my teddy bear and you are singing me a bedtime song."

"And this is us at Easter. I gave you that big chocolate bunny because I love you the most."

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

:)

walkerfamily said...

Oh... Boys do love their MaMa's. You're a good one Jen. Keep it up.