6.02.2009

Sudden Screaming

Last night was a very productive one in the Burt home, with garage and car cleaning for Andy and gardening for me. Our easy-going kiddos joined in the fun, with fireman play for Porter (he kept spraying water into the street, trying to hit the house across the way because apparently it was on fire) and a relaxing evening in the swing for Nora (complete with drooly mouthing of various rattles and chew toys). The productivity and peace continued for at least an hour, when suddenly, Nora released a heart-wrenching shriek.

Any guesses?
(This could become a very common question as we document the antics of a very imaginative three-year-old.)

Andy and I both came running, to find our sweet little Nora's face covered in cold droplets of water.

It appears to have been an accident (happening yet again as I worked on unbuckling the world's safest and most inconvenient baby swing). Apparently, Porter decided to clean his wagon; unfortunately, Porter's wagon was just feet from and directly in front of Nora's swing.

So much for peaceful and productive.

For an instant, I though to get a photo, but I don't think a 5-month-old would understand the importance of documentation over consolation.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Oh no, poor Nora! That sounds like a crummy surprise. I bet I would have weighed the pros and cons of taking pictures, too. Lucky for Nora that the mommy instinct ruled the day.

M2 (Melissa) said...

Sounds so funny! She will be tough having Porter for a big brother!! I tend to take pictures first if I can get away with it!! So funny!

Chelsea said...

I just read the 'About Me' blurb and got a little teary. I think my biological clock is starting to tick. I hope, someday, I can write such beautiful, loving and happy things about my family :)

Clifton and Melinda said...

Oh that is too much!!! Poor Nora!!