So without further ado, my favorite moments of June...
PORTER
- You were so excited when you discovered a bunny on our back porch (wild, no we did not get a pet) that you were speechless, and just very quietly giggled with a nervous grin on your face.
- I also love that you were so careful not to scare said bunny even though we were inside and it was outside. You tip-toed back and forth from the kitchen to the living room and whispered for a good hour. (How is it that you can be quiet and thgouhtful for a nameless wild creature but peace during your little sister's nap time cannot be found?)
- And your chosen name for our two-day visitor? Hoppity.
- Your squeals while blowing and stomping on bubbles.
- That you are too timid to sit on the kitchen counter, pedal your big wheel, play in the creek or even run through sprinklers, but are perfectly comfortable introducing yourself to strangers everywhere we go.
NORA
- Your squeals and grins every time I turn on the bathtub.
- That you'll talk to yourself in your crib for hours (ok, a good 30 minutes) in the morning before you ever cry out for us to come get you.
- That you may be the only baby on earth who loves baby food green peas and yet, you will not touch rice cereal.
ANDY
- That you built a patio for me out of rock you gathered from the mountains with your own two hands.
- That you knew exactly what parts of "Up" made me cry before you even looked over at me with your half-smirk, half-smile.
- That you agreed to a chaotic Fourth of July party at the Burt home on the tails of what has been a VERY busy month simply because you know I can't let a holiday go by un-celebrated.
ME
- That I pick the hottest day of the summer thus far to bake homemade pizzas and sugar cookies in the same evening.
- That I have not yet killed a single plant in my garden.
- That I thought I LOVED basil, added ten basil plants to my garden, and now find myself googling "recipes with basil" every-other day to use it all.
3 comments:
Jen I totally love this!! I might have to steal it though I seem to have a hard time blogging lately!! I love you and miss you so much!
P.S. Can I see a picture of your patio?? I want one so bad and would love to see a really cool idea!
I love this! It's definitely a meaningful glimpse into the quiet joys of life at the Burts.
Post a Comment