2.29.2008

Mom Picks

So I was thinking, a large majority of the people who frequent our blog are past, current or future cool, hip moms (at least I think they are) who are all compiling little lists of their kiddie-faves.


Ladies (and gents, in all fairness to our fatherly friends out there), it's time to start shairng:
What toys, books, clothes, websites, etc. have revolutionized the child-rearing experience (or at least have survived more than five minutes of play before being broken or discarded)?

I'm going to kick things off today with my newest Porter-find:
Crayola Twistables



Why do I love 'em?
Porter loves to color but he seems to break even the thick clunky crayons within the first few rounds of scribbling. The twistables (we use the minis as opposed to the full, pencil-sized version) seem to be easier for his little toddler hands to use (he colors longer and the scribbles are much darker), and best of all, they can't be broken (at least until he figures out how to twist the crayon all the way up and then break it off from its casing...I have to remind myself to do the twsiting behind my back).

So that's my first mom pick.
What are yours?
Post 'em in the comments; we can all use a little inspiration every now and then.

5 comments:

THE DENVER BURTS said...

I love it! Can you post any of Porter's masterpieces yet? I can't wait for Taylor to start coloring!! I can't say that I have any great toys at the moment. I'm still trying to get his sleeping habits under control!

Clifton and Melinda said...

I love the twistable crayons too!! Hmm....a favorite for me...a drum full of instruments that we just got Aleah for Valentine's Day (from her secret admirer!! LOL!! my mom always did that so I continued the tradition). http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/babyride_1988_570743702 My kids play with this thing constantly...it was way fun!!

Anonymous said...

No kids, but as an aunt... I have to say I am for spoiling and giving the kids whatever mom says no to.

M2 (Melissa) said...

Ok Jennifer -

You know we travel a lot, I love the Crayola Color Magic markers and books. These are those markers that only work on specific paper. We have a travel bag with a variety of these books/markers as well as a headphones and CD player for Hattie. She only uses these when we travel! They are fabulous!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Jen- one of your favorites as a child was finger painting with pudding...its a bit messy...but loads of fun and you don't have to worry about anyone eating the "paint" .. this works really well in the summer when you can do it outside and then squirt everything down! the waxy butcher paper you can get at the butcher counter works best for this.