2.23.2008

C-sees

Those of you who haven't been with Porter in our house since he started crawling may not know of his love for Andy's CDs. And those of you who have never been in our home may not understand how big of a problem this can be. With years of work in a record store, Andy's got more C-sees, as Porter calls them, than we have room for, and we literally have an entire wall full of CDs. As you can imagine, this is a constant battle with an almost-two year old.


Until today. I am proud to report that for the first time in his life, Porter listened when I said "No CDs" as he was running across the room screeching C-seeeeeessss!


Based on Porter's prayer hours later at dinner, I guess Porter was as surprised as I was that he listened. The prayer went like this:

Me: We're grateful for our family.
Porter: Yeah. (This is the standard Porter-prayer)

Me: We're grateful for the fun day we've had.
Porter: Yeah.

Me: We're grateful for this food.
Porter: An no touch-a da C-sees.


Yes Porter, I am very grateful you didn't touch the CDs. If only it would last.
To continue the Porter-is-a-good-listener celebration, I told Porter I wanted to take his picture in front of Daddy's CDs because he was so good at not touching them. No sooner had I positioned him in front of the shelves and stepped back, then, as you can see, his little fingers crept behind his back to grab the CDs.

2 comments:

Clifton and Melinda said...

You are so funny and so is your cute little boy. He is so smart and talks so much for an almost two year old :) I am sitting here typing this listening to Ryker play in his room when he is supposed to be asleep...ahhh the joys of being a parent to a crazy three year old!!!

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard, I'm crying.
Great post!