As mid-September hit, I started to wonder if the days and weeks would soon feel any different.
For the most part, with work and kids and friends to fill the silence, time marched on unnoticed, and I began to wonder if the shock of the past year was enough to dull any emotions October may usher in. Until today.
Today, I vividly remember this time last year: a quiet conference weekend planned to accompany the newborn-sized laundry and organizing for a nursery for two little boys we already loved.
Today I want to go back in time and shout at myself to pay attention, to slow down, to take note of every last detail of this final week as a soon-to-be family of six. I want to warn the old me that everything is about to change.
Today, I can't stop thinking about how much I didn't know on this very same day last year.
1 comment:
Thinking of you Jen! My heart and mind is with you - you will remember the good and the bad and be joyful maybe not today but someday! Love, Melissa
Post a Comment