3.04.2009

Magical, Blissful, Peaceful Sleep


If you've never had a baby, you may not grasp the magnitude of what I am about to say. Regardless, I invite you all to help me celebrate in what I'm assuming is just a fluke:
NORA SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!

Thats right, there I was, eyes glued shut, toes cozy under my mass of blankets, baby monitor buzzing silently for eight whole hours (11 p.m.-7 a.m.) last night. I woke up this morning feeling like a human being for the first time in two months. Hooray for me!

Now, for all those friends/family with small children, I'm sad to say that there is no need to turn green with envy. Nora had her two-month doctor appointment yesterday which included immunizations. I chalk the extended sleeping up to her being sore and worn out - not to any magical sleep regime I may be instituting within the Burt home. But just for today, I feel like celebrating and wanted to share in the fun with all of you.

And for all who care, here are Nora's two-month stats:
9.15 Lbs. (25th percentile)
22 inches (50th percentile)

2 comments:

walkerfamily said...

Sweet. Now you need to admit to how many times you got up to make sure she was breathing. Those unexpected bouts of extended sleeping always freak us out a little deep down inside.

Jen said...

Yay! I hope Miss Nora treats you that well tonight, as you rest up to head into the office tomorrow.

I totally hear you on that whole feeling human thing. Vivian woke up once last night and Noel fed her, so I got 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep. It was magical! There's hope that I might be able to think straight when I go back to work after all.

Glad Nora's two-month appointment went well. Good luck tomorrow!