3.02.2009

Black Walrus Crashes Playdate

Q:
What do you get when you leave an almost-three year-old alone long enough to escort your visitors to the door after a successful play date?

A:
The Black Walrus

That's right, just seconds after  closing the door, I turned toward the stairs to the playroom to find an exuberant Porter growling and squealing "I'm a black walrus!"

He was so proud of his work that I didn't think to explain the bad behavior until after I'd laughed and snapped a few pictures (we got to the "we only draw on paper" during bath time).

I also didn't immediately think to check out the office (next to the playroom upstairs) until a little while later (and then worriedly climbed the stairs hoping to still have mark-free walls). Fortunately, once the black walrus tired of the paper scribbling, he jumped straight to the tattooing.


And just for fun, Nora's first successful play date with her pal Vivian (so defined as "successful" by including two awake and content friends).


4 comments:

Layne & Crystal said...

Hahaha...man, Porter is turnin' into a little sneak! And the little babes look super cute together. Lovin' the pink theme :)

Miranda McAfee said...

I need to meet this black walrus!

Unknown said...

I love it! I'm pretty sure you have the funniest 3 year old ever!
We miss you guys!

Jen said...

Your black walrus is adorable! Porter's got so much imagination.

I love the picture of Viv and Nora's playdate. Those are some cute little girls.