2.25.2009

Uncle, Crystal Bear & Gwamma Burt

Between this

and this
(background: Andy tore his ACL playing soccer at the beginning of February and had surgery last Wednesday), 
things in the Burt home over the past month have been a bit nutty.
Fortunately, we've had Andy's mom staying with us through most of February. This has been a HUGE help considering an almost-three year-old, a newborn and a husband who can't walk require more than the two hands I've got to offer. But, alas, all good things must come to an end. And while I am looking forward to no longer having to try to unsuccessfully ignore the yummy treats Lynn whipped up at least every third day during her visit, I will sorely miss the extra help and commiseration when all three of my babies hit the witching hour at once. Lynn, when you get back to Atlanta and read this, THANK YOU, thank you, THANK YOU. We couldn't have made it through the past few weeks without you.

And as long as I'm in the business of shout-outs, Andy and I are also feeling lucky to have his brother Layne and his wife Crystal here in Cedar to help at what is almost always a moment's notice. Layne has been just "Uncle" to Porter for quite some time, and I think Crystal finally earned her stripes with Porter a few weeks ago when he started calling her Crystal Bear. These two may be some of Porter's very favorite people. Ours too.

So, permanent and temporary Cedar City Burt Clan, thanks for all the help. Andy and I have made it through the first six weeks of newborn haze, have successfully navigated a surgery, and have done it all without killing one another. I credit this small miracle to Gwamma Burt, Uncle and Crystal Bear.

1 comment:

Kevin and Megan Rikli said...

HEY! So sorry to hear about Andy! But look at it this way, we have something in common, husbands who can't walk! I, however do not know if I would be able to handle it with 2 kids, even if I did have a Gwamma, Uncle, and a Crystal Bear to help me! Your child is priceless!