As we speak, my sweet little girl is inhaling her first bottle in the arms of her dear old dad.

And what am I doing? Trying to be glad that she took to the bottle so easily (this was our first try in preparation for my return to work), but secretly feeling sorry for myself that there wasn't even the least bit of struggle getting Nora to accept anything besides the original.
In all seriousness, I am glad it looks like I'll be able to return to work without fretting over starvation and screaming fits. But alas, this brings me just one step closer to leaving the kiddies for work. And though I am grateful for such a great job, I am sad to too soon be signing off as a full-time mom. But enough complaining. I have a husband who our kids adore manning the daytime parenting post, and I have a stable job that I enjoy with co-workers that make me laugh and make work fun. What more could a gal ask for (besides a few more hours in the day so I could work and do a bit more of the fun parenting stuff like playdoh projects and walks around the block)?
1 comment:
Oh sad, I feel for you. There's nothing harder for a mom than going back to work. Plaster that fake smile on you're face and look forward to all those extra breaks we call "pump time".
Post a Comment