Porter and I are staying at my sister's in Salt Lake this weekend and we're sharing the guest room...and bed. So with no further ado, here's my Saturday morning wake-up call.
Me: (peacefully sleeping)
Porter: (wiping his nose back and forth on my elbow)...giggle..."I am rubbing my nose on your shoulder."
Me: "Sshhh, Porter. It's still nighttime." (Ok, it was 6:30, but it was still dark out so I was hoping to postpone the morning just a little longer.) "No talking. Go back to sleep."
Porter: "Ok, I'll talk to baby sister." (moving his head down to my belly) "I will tell her two stories because I'm two."
Me: (Mumble. Yawn.)
Porter: (with his lips on my belly) "One-tupon a time. There was a little boy named Porter. And he had a friend named Porter. And he and Mommy and Daddy and Mariah (my brother's wife) and Crystal (Andy's brother's wife) went for a ride on an airplane. And they went (waving his stuffed duck in the air) QUACK QUACK!"
Immediately following the story, Porter climbed onto my side and started bouncing up and down, giggling, "You are a mommy-horse. Say 'NEEEEE-IGH! NEEEE-IGH!'."
After lots of talk about airplanes (he heard one fly by overhead) and his "baby duckie," we rolled out of bed for some cartoons (and groggy blogging).
3 comments:
That's really cute, but I'm glad I'm at the stage where I can just say "Dude, get back in bed or you're grounded for the day!"
HA!!! That is hysterical!! Ryker is always trying to talk me out of going back to sleep!! What a crack up! :)
I babysat the same kid for a long time when I was in high school. He used to go on and on and on about "moojuggles" and I had NO idea what he was talking about, which he thought was VERY funny. One day, a MOTORCYCLE went by and he said "MOOJUGGLE!!"
Gotta love kids and their disgustingly cute exploration of the English language :)
Post a Comment