9.22.2008

True T-Birds

I know, I know, I promised pictures of the new house, but these were so much cuter (Thanks to our friend Jen for the photo services) that I opted for a re-cap of last weekend instead. Saturday marked SUU's Homecoming celebration, and considering SUU is to credit with the fate of our family (Andy and I met on SUU's soccer field 9 years and one month ago), we decided we'd better represent.

Saturday morning, I ran in the Homecoming 5K...first place in my age division and a free t-shirt to boot. No pics because, as most of you know, Andy's not a morning person so standing at a finish line with a two year-old at 8 a.m. took second place to cartoons on the couch. No biggie; I probably wouldn't have wanted to post them anyway (after all, who wears make-up on their morning run?).

That afternoon, Andy helped coach the T-Bird Women's Soccer team on to its first win of the season, 3-1. We held a dinner for the entire team at our house the night before (just testing out the capacity of the new diggs), and I credit the win to Andy's game night and my gourmet dessert of candy and chocolate galore (hey, I'm pregnant...they're lucky they got a homemade dinner). No pics from the game because Porter and I opted to nap (reminder: I did run a race pregnant) to fuel up for th evening's festivities. We will be out in full force this Thursday evening though. In the meantime, I do have the official SUU Women's Soccer Assistant Coach Andy Burt mugshot for your pleasure.

I think he looks very official - though this did bring up the age-old conversation about why he never smiles in pictures. For all you ANTM fans, at least he smiles with his eyes, right? Tyra would be proud.

But I digress. On to the photos of Porter.
That evening, we donned our red at the Homecoming football game.


The highlights:
The Air Force fly over before the game
(tractors and dump trucks take second only to airplanes in Porter's heart)

Our friend Noel's magic trick of pulling gummy bears out of Porter's ears
(got us all the way to half-time tantrum free)

and meeting Thor the Thunderbird.

Porter wasn't sure what to think at first, but after a few minutes, we finally got him to shake Thor's hand.

All in all, a successful weekend. Hope you all had a great one too.

3 comments:

Clifton and Melinda said...

so cute!!! i have long awaited new pics from my southern friends!! aleah keeps saying "num num....num num" while i am looking at your blog (remember i can't be on the computer without her on my lap and you do have m&ms on your blog....man!! hope to see and talk to you soon!!

walkerfamily said...

Wow, are you one of those super moms we all try to keep up with. Running a 5k while pregnant are you kidding me! I'd be lucky to run from my bed to the bathroom when I was pregnant.

M2 (Melissa) said...

Porter is so adorable! I love the pictures! He has gotten so big and so cute!