At long last, here is update #2 on the Burt Family Summer.
Hope it explains our recent laziness in blog posting.
First, we're trading in the small, yardless townhome for a real house, complete with grass, a garage, and my personal favorite, walk-in closets!
[Disclaimer to Chris & Lori: We stole your house plan/neighborhood from when you lived in Cedar. Just remember, mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery]
Since we're now charged with turning this:

into something magical without breaking the bank, Andy, his brother Layne and our friend Noel have been slaving away with caulk, the Shop Vac, paint brushes and face masks.
All the while, Porter and I have been left to entertain ourselves:
We play dress up,



do art projects,

(some more messy than others)

(Below you will see Porter's first successful smiley face. Done entirely on his own. According to Porter, the lines below the misshapen head are "tall legs")
and of course, go a little nuts without our daddy to provide a little comic relief.
A true Burt, Porter loves to visit the construction chaos of the "other house," as he calls it, and heads straight for anything that looks messy or dangerous.
A true Burt, Porter loves to visit the construction chaos of the "other house," as he calls it, and heads straight for anything that looks messy or dangerous.
Now I know you're thinking: 'Ok, Andy's clearly busy, and Porter seems to be entertaining himself, so what's Jen doing?'Well, aside from the work and the endless trips Porter and I take to the park lately, I've been busy on a project of my own:
I call it Baby #2, and though it's not much to look at as of a couple months ago (this photo's all we've got so far), by January 14th, this little he or she will join us as the newest Burt.
Surprise!


6 comments:
What!!!! Yeah!!!!
congrats!!! We love you!
Yeah! Congratulations!! Are you going to be surprised or find out what you are having!!! We will be looking forward to the belly pictures!!!
CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! I AM SOOO TOTALLY EXCITED!!!! Another chance at a girl in the family!!!!! YEA!!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!!! how are you!! how do you feel!!!! CONGRADULATIONS!!!!
love you!!!!
Lori, Chris, Tay
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! So can I tell my mom???
YAAAAAAAAAAY!
Post a Comment