I preface this post with a diclaimer: Not once have I pretended this blog was anything more than a tool for bragging about my kid to all our friends and family.
So now that I've cleared that up, I just have to say that Porter is cute and funny, and aside from the dinner-time tantrums we seem to face as of late, he truly is so so much fun. I've decided two is the perfect age, and I'm trying to find a way to keep him from growing up.
Now, aside from the toothy grin and love for dancing, you may wonder why I'm oozing with maternal pride for our first-born son. The answer: We can't go more than ten minutes without Porter saying something that makes either Andy or I laugh out loud. Seriously, the kid is funny. So I've decided to create a new section "Toddler Talk" (see right) to share some of Porter's generally unintentional humor with all of you. My hope, is that while I'm not great at keeping the photo postings current as of late, that I'll be able to add a Porter-ism or two a week to keep you all smiling.
To kick things off, I'll add one here:
Porter and I were walking around the block the other night, when an ice cream truck came around the corner blaring that old-timey song that, when pumped out of a white van covered in stickers, can make a grown man salivate.
Porter's face lit up, he looked at me and said, "Mommy, it's a musical truck! I think it's full of inst-WOOments!"
Yes, I am feeling a little guilty that we've denied our son of this summertime tradition. However, I think his excitement over the musical truck easily makes up for any nostalgic nelglect on our part. Ok, that's all I've got. Hope you all have a good weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment