6.09.2008

Weekend Whirlwinds

I know it's been a while since we posted anything of substance. And now I'm faced with a decision: 1) post two months' worth of past weekend adventures, or 2) start fresh. Considering I've not yet pulled the most recent pics from the 'ol camera, I'm playing catch-up today.


To those of you who are in the pics and wondering why they're just now hitting the blog, I blame it on summer with a two year-old. Collecting rocks and wagon rides is so much more fun than sitting behind a computer. And to those of you who are wondering where your pics are in this mass of outdated photos, this update is just part one of the Burt's whirlwind of weekend activities. At this rate, you can expect yours to hit the Burt blog sometime in August.


Our April was filled with...


A car crash (NOT my fault) that has left the Burts as a more environmentally-friendly carpooling (Thank you Ellsworths) one-car family.





A visit from Andy's folks.








Grandpa, Porter ADORES his trucks








And Grandma, Porter refuses to wear anything but his new blue crocs.





The visit from our Wisconsin fam also gave us an excuse to head south to St. George to see Porter's Aunt Karen and Great-Granmda & Grandpa Erskine.





After the visitors left, I tried to unsuccessfuly make a fondant-covered birthday cake for Porter's second birthday. Never again. And no, I will not post a pic of the cake in its entirety.





And we had a little b-day bash with Porter's friends Holden & Wesley (who were great helpers when it came to opening the presents).





That does it for April, but our May looked about the same (minus the car crash and fondant).


As for May...


We caught the one week of desert blooms while hiking (these pics don't do it justice. Imagine an entire mountain covered in orange and pink flowers in the middle of nothing but red rocks and dirt).











And headed north to the big city a couple times to see Porter's new cousin, Cohen, and visit with the Behle fam before they moved to Vernal, Utah, which is famous for dinosaurs and oil.





We miss you Aunt Kelly!








And Uncle Chris, on the off chance that I say no to a trip to the park, Porter did ask if you'd take him for a couple weeks straight after our SLC visit.





The end of May brought a new roommate to the Burt home when Uncle Layne moved in, and lots of fun weekends with Porter's soon-to-be Aunt Crystal and Layne, who Porter simply calls "Unlce."





Whew! Now perhaps you can see why the posts have been scrace as of late.
Stay tuned. The second half of the updating promises news of a new home for the Burts, a trip to the petting zoo where Porter's favorite "animal" was a little waterfall, and Andy in the Utah Summer Games. Oh the fun we have in store for all of you.


Hope you, too, are all enjoying a summer full of adventure and mischief.

4 comments:

Ama said...

Hi this is Ama Luthi. I loved looking at your blog Jennifer. I hope that you and your family are doing well. I want you to tell Kelly congrats for me on the new addition to their home. Love and miss ya!

Clifton and Melinda said...

K...so I am waiting for more....just kidding!! I loved the whole post!! I love seeing you and yes we need to see each other more than once a year. Lets plan it!

Keri Hennefer said...

Jen, how are you doing? What are you doing this summer? are you working? Hey I just joined a BUNCO group, and we need a couple more people to join, it's once a month, and $10 a month. Let me know what you think!

walkerfamily said...

Hey cuz. Cute blog. It's fun seeing how your lives are going. Porter is stinking cute and seems to have a very sparkly personality to boot. Congrats on the new house. I spent last Saturday with Kelly and Cohen and she gave me your blogspot so I will be checking on you frequently. Keep living and blogging baby! Love Brandie.