At the prodding of many friends, and after more than a month of silence, the Burts return to the blogosphere in not-so-full force (nopics yet, sorry). The warm weather has kept us far away from computers, and while we've done many fun things, I just haven't found the time to post the ever-growing pile of pics online. Until then, I thought I'd throw out a few Porter antics to at least prove that he's still cute as ever. (Moms are allowed to brag every now and then, right?)
We'll call this section Porter Says
A few days ago I opted for curly over straight hair (a gal can't blowdry every single day), and I was sitting with Porter on the floor, when he suddenly smiled and said, "Noodles." I had no clue what he was talking about, and asked him if he was hungry. We went around in circles for a couple of minutes, and then Porter finally shouted, "No, Mommy, no. You have noodles on your head." He then walked over, stuck his mouth next to my ear while making a chomping sound, and said, "Mmmm. Deeeeeelicious." Does it get any cuter than that?
Probably not, but even funnier? Yes.
Andy and I were driving in the car with Porter when he suddenly screamed "Holy Shoot!" Well, at least I thought that's what he'd said. I, of course, swung on Andy, questioning my dear husband as to why my two-year old would know that term. He said that couldn't be what Porter was saying, so we then repeatedly asked Porter what he was saying (with a lot of me saying "Andy, I swear he's saying 'holy shoot'). Finally, Porter pointed to his Crocs and said "holy shoot." Turns out that he'd originally said "holy shoe," but my rush to accuse Andy of a parenting mishap (coupled with the repetition of the phrase as we tried to discern what had actually been said) was enough to stick with my young little boy, and he now calls his Crocs his "Holy Shoots." Such is life.
That's all for now. Hope it's enough to fill that Burt fix. I have high hopes to post more soon.
2 comments:
Love it Jen!! How dang cute is your babe!! :)
Good to hear the fam is well. I'm wondering about this warm weather you speak of, though. SLC is freezing cold these days. Snowbird has announced it will stay open until 4th of July weekend.
Hope all is well. Isaac.
Post a Comment