7.02.2012

Just Because

Just because it is the first second day of the last half of the year, which leads me to a review of unfulfilled lists of to-dos I was sure would by now be done, I thought I'd post a few pictures that should have made it into thoughtful blog posts but haven't. Not sure why they haven't, other than to say that I spent the first half of this year trying to figure out how to be normal again while simultaneously obsessing about a future that is clearly well beyond my control.

But, as my high school psychology teacher used to tell us every day at the beginning of class: today is a new day; you can waste it or use it for good. So, a little good...

Greatgrandparents
Why yes, that is a dollar. What says grandparents more than tickles and bribery?
My grandma and grandpa spent a few months snowbirding in our warmer southern half of the state, and the little Burts have been asking when "Grandpa McAfee with the white hair" will be back almost every weekend ever since. Grandma and Grandpa, I know it is 110 degrees at the winter home, but come back anyway—we miss you!







Dress-up
I have posted quite a bit about this little girl and her keen eye for fashion, but it just keeps getting better...

Yep, that's a swimsuit-turned-overalls.
Pardon the chipped toenails. For the record, her mama's look just as bad.



Reading
This guy is a bookworm, and my nerdy English majored heart swells with pride every time I walk into a room to find him curled up with a book, muttering the words as he drags his finger along the page.

Home Improvement

What started with a Pinterest-inspired shed has snowballed into a whole lot more (think holes in walls and new plumbing), but my fingers are crossed that the new Casa del Burt will be much, much improved. To be continued...

2 comments:

THE DENVER BURTS said...

Those shoes Nora has (the chevron striped ones) are ADORABLE! I must know where you got them. Oh and the we get dibs to be the first to test out the new bathroom! :)

Unknown said...

Jen, I love the pictures you have posted in your blog. I especially liked Grandpa with Nora and Porter. They were having a great time running, not knowing Grandpa was trying really hard to keep his flip flops from flip flopping off. I was just happy he was able to stay on his feet or we would have all experienced the Big Bang. It was so wonderful to see you and the kids. We hope to be able to come down -- briefly -- for a few days this summer to play again. We need something to keep us young. Even though it will only be in our heads. Keep smiling, G'ma