4.18.2012

Just Around the Corner

One of my favorite things about living where we do is that year-round warm weather is just a hop, skip and a jump down the road.

One of my least favorite thins about living where we do is that we miss out on 99% of all extended family fun.

So even though our own summer weather is (fingers crossed!) just weeks behind, we jumped at the chance to head south for a quick visit with my sunbird grandparents and a preview of all that is to come with the season of shorts and snowcones.


Note the dirty legs and smears of blue goo. Porter tripped on a curb and spilled his dragon's blood snowcone and a thousand tears all over the sidewalk.


Fortunately, it was nothing a little candy store bribe couldn't fix.

 


We don't get to see our family nearly as much as we'd like since they all live hours and hours away, so this was a very special treat to spend the day with my grandparents. Just the lift I have been needing.

As an added treat, Grandma & Grandpa Great took the kids on the new carousel. And just like that, the four of them became the best of friends. They keep asking when we can go to "grandma & grandpa's park" again.

This little lady started out timid and refused to get on a horse. She really is a little lily-livered mini me. I was reminded of this yet again just last night when she wouldn't let me carry her on my shoulders because it was too high for her liking.



After three rides, I finally got her on, after telling her that she could only look in the pretty princess mirror if she was on a horse. And I may have bribed her with more candy. And promised I would keep a vice-like grip the entire time.

 



Looks fun, no?





Oh, how happy I am that summer is just around the corner and that my grandparents are now just down the road.



 

1 comment:

Layne & Crystal said...

How fun! I miss Judds with their candy, snow cones, & soup, breadsticks, & glass bottled soda pop. The kiddos are looking so cute in their summer duds. I do miss that St. George sun. The east coast humidity is no fun at all. Miss you guys!