8.14.2011

Impossibly Pink

This one loves pink and princesses and sneaking into my bathroom to steal lipstick I've forgotten I even had. Or, in this case, purple toenail polish that I should have been smart enough to put on a higher shelf.



If it's not pink or sparkly, she wants nothing to do with it, and it is making mornings impossible on days when we are running late and 100% comical on those when I can remind myself to give her space to make a few decisions. Even if it means wearing an apron or doubled-up pajama shorts. (She justifies pajamas in the daytime by impatiently explaining that they are "fresh" -- not the same pajamas she wore to bed the night before.)
























I never knew a two-year-old could be so stubborn as to endure 20 minutes of repeated time-outs just to hit and screech and " You big baby!" her way out of a yellow shirt or spring green sneakers.

The yellow shirt has since been relegated to the bear.

And the green shoes have never made it beyond her bedroom door.

On her best (worst?) days, everything is pink. All the way down to her too-small "gummy sandals" that are, apparently, worth the discomfort.

She is no less insistent at bedtime.



































































Note the puffy eyes? We settled on pink "capeas" after a ten-minute rant about the "big baby" (her insult of choice) red shorts that are supposed to go with this pink top.

Nor do holidays give us a break from the pink fest. Even after walking her down the street first thing in the morning to see all the American Flags on the fourth of July, and first getting myself and Porter al dolled up in Americana, I found myself giving into pink bloomers just to get our stubborn fashionista in the planned red, white and blue, complete with sparkly "rubes" (ruby slippers).

She even picks through the crayon jar for all the "pinks and purps" before she'll start to color.
One of these twins had better be a (much more compliant) girl, because I've got a whole closet full of untouched 2T and 3T that does not fulfill little Miss Nora's pink quotient.

Stubborn but adorable. But oh. so. stubborn.

7 comments:

Jen said...

She's adorable. You've got your hands full!

Clifton and Melinda said...

I LOVE IT!!! I can relate...it is nice to know mine is not the only one.

Layne & Crystal said...

She is crazy big! Layne & I saw this post & sh doesn't look like a baby anymore. I guess we've been gone for a year already. Wow! She's adorable as ever! Miss you guys!

THE DENVER BURTS said...

LOVE IT! She is truly a girl after my own heart and, although I may regret saying this, I hope my Bells is just as in love with pink and purple as me :)

Andrea said...

How great that she has such a definitive personality. Sometime difficult to parent, but she'll be such a strong leader.
Makes me wonder about my always easy going Myla. I may have a push-over on my hands. :)

So, I'm back! When can I take the kids for an afternoon of play... or a whole day! Or a weekend. (What I actually owe you!)
:)
Still SO excited about your twins! Cant wait to see you next card club!

Jeff and Melina Burgess said...

Sounds like she needs like Pinkalicious book. Love it!

Anonymous said...

She is just like you were as a little girl... the apple didn't fall far from the tree..Hugs!! Mom