She prefers to dress herself.
So much so, that if she is nearby when you open her closet door, she immediately starts reaching on tiptoes for low-hanging corners of shirts and sundresses while shouting out colors at random -- hoping one of her choices will stick.
Of course, she generally picks shorts on a 14-degree day or a too big sweater that I bought on clearance while stocking up for next year.
But it's oh so much fun.
Like enough fun that I intentionally take her to the closet even though I know one or the other of us will leave the selection process irked by the other's stubbornness (We should have known the genetic mixer of Andy and Jen would not make for easy-going offspring).
I love my kids equally but...
it sure is fun to have a little girlie.







8 comments:
So ADORABLE!!! I love the sheer pink mesh skirt. Ali is beginning this stage... seems natural for even the smallest woman to want to play dress up :).
So fun to have a little girl. And yours is especially cute! She's not 'stubborn'.... she just knows what she wants. :)
Jen you are in! Just leave a comment on my blog of your top 3 choices. I will make sure no one else is doing your top choice and get back to you!
This little sweetheart reminds me of myself when I was that age: My mom tells me I had to dress myself and do my own hair. All I remember is that I had a pair of those plastic high heels that I liked to wear with nothing else at all (yes, naked) and I had a pair of navy blue clogs I wore everywhere.
Can't wait for the tutus!!
I can't believe I am missing this! How fun! And she looks so darling! And big! She has grown so much since we saw her last. :-( Cute post! Love you guys!
Jen she is simply adorable!!
Hey...remember when you bugged me about posting...I am bugging you :)
Post a Comment