5.15.2010

She Runs














April brought running in the figurative and literal sense, with my first half-marathon.

Here we are pre-race (I don't know the girl in yellow, but she was a lot more honest in her expressions than my friend Sandi and I; I just kept thinking, "Why are we doing this?"


And here I am after, with my no. 1 fan.

I'm pretty sure my sister got pics of my triumphant crossing of the finish line, proof that I survived a 13.1 mile, 1:56 minute run, but the only pics she gave me were the I-am-dog-tired-and-a-mess snapshots. Even Nora is grossed out by the salty forehead and fuzzy hair.

Nora, some day you'll be embarrassed; maybe after that, you can be proud?

And Mandy, if you're reading, quit holding the good pics (I'm assuming there is something a bit more Nike-esque) hostage. Pretty please.

So glad I did it, training and all, and though my post-race actions would suggest otherwise (a lot of sugary goodness and empty excuses to skip runs), planning to do it again this fall.

To be continued (I hope) with better pics and a challenge to you all to join in the crazy...

4 comments:

M2 (Melissa) said...

Cute pictures - no matter how you felt you always look great! I am impressed!

Maxmomma said...

Way to go Jen! You do look fabulous and I am so impressed! First, it is impressive that you did a half marathon, and second, you did it in great time! So inspired-

The Funderburks said...

That is awesome. Way to go, Jen. I want to join in...

Seth and Sarah said...

You're crazy! My parents and one sister run...and have done 1/2 marathons and the whole 26.2 as well. I feel like the loser, but I'll admit...5K's are my kinda distance. Congrats though...I have the greatest respect for your craziness! ;)