12.22.2009

Merry & Bright

Christmas is in the air and on our to-do lists, which has left little time for blogging, but we've had a recent development this past month that is too monumental to go undocumented:

Miss Nora Lynn is walking and talking and oh so cute.
She melts my heart.

I'll post video clips of both the walking and the talking soon. Meanwhile, here's a snapshot of Nora in action.
The mischievous grin is all-too-common with this little gal, and Andy is already fearing the teenage years, as Nora is much more "passionate" than Porter was at this age.

And speaking of Porter, here's a few shots of his recent antics (from Atlanta...better late than never).

At the Atlanta Aquarium with his cousin Taylor.

VERY nervously perched in a Lawrenceville fire truck. (For a kid who eats, sleeps and breathes cars and trucks, I was amazed at how nervous Porter was to actually be inside of one.)
At the musuem of natural history...as a dinosaur.
And back in Cedar, chatting with Santa.
Throughout the entire month of December, Porter has been asking for the same thing: "a car that I can climb in and that drives itself." Anyone who knows me knows that powerwheel toys are not my cup of tea, and I was getting really nervous for Christmas day because I didn't want to disappoint Porter on the first Christmas that really counts (until now, the Santa concept has been a bit over his head). Well, I lucked out: when Santa asked Porter what he wanted for Christmas, Porter simply replied, "a new toy." THAT I can do.

7 comments:

THE DENVER BURTS said...

My son looks like he's 6 years old in that aquarium pic! I have to have it!!! Love the family picture, its gorgeous!! Merry Christmas and wish we were there... your package should be there pretty soon, Chris mailed it yesterday...

Jen said...

Your kids are so cute! I think Nora and Viv are going to stay true to the pattern Porter and Wesley established - Burts are precocious and talkative, Ellsworths are *rowdy*!

P.S. I love the way your Christmas postcard turned out.

Kristy said...

Your kids are SO cute. I love your family photo too! One of these days we need to hang out again :0)

Maxmomma said...

First, I LOVE your family photo- it is gorgeous! Your Nora is adorable- how old is she? My kids walk late, about 14 months and I don't remember them talking as well. She's a go-getter!

It is always fun to read your blog- you're a great writer. Merry Christmas!

The Funderburks said...

Your kids are darling!

M2 (Melissa) said...

I love the family picture!! You look great!! Your kids are adorable! That husband of your looks great even with that empty patch on his head!! Love that!@

Aubrey said...

Jen,you have such a beautiful family! Merry Christmas!