Clearly a weekend worth celebrating, September 12th also marked the first night I have been away from my kids that did not require a hospital stay since Porter was born (It was wonderful - I slept in until 10:30 Saturday morning!).
That's right, my sweet-when-he-wants-to-be husband surprised me with a weekend getaway that closely mimicked a little trip we took nine years ago, when we were dating. And when I say surprise, I mean I came home from work Friday, and our babysitters (we love Aunt Crystal & Uncle Layne) were already there, with a list of instructions on the kitchen counter (not that C&L needed it, but Andy knows his OCD wife all too well). Andy was packed and an empty bag was waiting for me in our bedroom with a packing list that read, "one cool weather outfit, one hot weather outfit and some good shoes," and after a quick change and kisses for the kids, and we hit the road with our windows down and the radio up (at least until I started yammering on about how great it was to get away and didn't Andy agree and by the way, where were we going and did you see that cop on the side of the road and is this a new CD and did you see that deer and was Andy sure I only needed outdoorsy clothes and I hope so because I didn't bring hair spray or cute shoes...).
Don't we look foot loose and fancy free?

In all, we hit two national parks (Bryce Canyon and Zion), one gas station, five rock shops (turnaround is fair play: Andy's sly romanticism earned a long-awaited trilobite for our newest home decor), two beloved restaurants (Ruby's at Bryce Canyon and Oscar's in Springdale), one candy shop, hundreds of bugs, and came close to hitting a family of wild turkeys in our whirlwind 24-hour celebration, and we came back to our little home in Cedar and our two cute kids to begin the seventh year of our version of wedded bliss.
And just for fun, here's an engagement pic of our much younger selves.

I would have posted a wedding pic but, sadly, my wedding photo album seems to have gotten lost in the move last year. So all I have now to mark this time is the proof CD from our engagement pictures session. Boo. If any of you have pics from our wedding six long years ago, we'd love to get copies.
And just for fun, here's an engagement pic of our much younger selves.

I would have posted a wedding pic but, sadly, my wedding photo album seems to have gotten lost in the move last year. So all I have now to mark this time is the proof CD from our engagement pictures session. Boo. If any of you have pics from our wedding six long years ago, we'd love to get copies.
6 comments:
Love the photos! And I love the way you write. Happy 6th.
Wow...six years! I remember when we first moved to Toledo and met you guys and you had just been married a few months. It's been three years since our days in Toledo and we still miss hanging out with the Burts. Glad you had such a fun anniversary weekend. Tell Andy he needs to call Jared and give him a few pointers for our big number 8 next month!
Congratulations on six years! That sounds like a fantastic way to celebrate your anniversary. I love the pictures, you look so happy.
Congratulations my love!! I cannot believe that you have been married for that long! You look darling in the pic before your hike...you both look so happy! I love it!! Kudos for Andy for planning a trip like this...I am WAY impressed!
Congrats to you guys! You have a pretty rockin' husband...LOVE that he planned the whole night out :) And I must agree with Melinda, you look smokin' in that picture with him!!
Congrats! Can't wait for year six anniversary... a surprise trip with no kids sounds like heaven right now! Love you and miss you!
Post a Comment