4.12.2009

Hippity Hoppity

Easter Weekend, Burt style kicked off Friday morning at 8 a.m. when Matt the Sprinkler Guy Started digging trenches in our back yard. No pics because I thought I'd save the big reveal until we added grass, but he finished ysterday and we are oh so excited to be rid of the mud pit and to have an outdoor addition to casa del Burt.
Saturday started off with a cold and drizzly Easter egg hunt in the Main Street Park.

Waiting for the hunt to start (and probably wondering why their parents dragged themout of bed and into the rain)


As with most of our fun outings, Porter's pal Wes (and his fam) joined us.
Wet, hungry and loaded up with bubble gum and Tootsie Rolls, we all headed back to our house for some egg coloring.
(Jen & Noel, I have some cute pics of your kids; remind me to send them to you.)

As for Easter morning...

Porter woke us with concern as he tapped Andy on the shoulder, saying "Dad, there's something very mysterious in the living room." Apparently, the Easter Bunny had made a trail from his bedroom, down the hall and up the stairs to the play room (where his Easter basket was hiding), and Porter wasn't sure what to think of our egg-strewn home.

Andy replied, "Porter, I think I heard some hopping last night. Did you hear anything?"

Porter matter-of-factly denied having heard any such thing, and after we pushed the Easter Bunny theory as the logic behind the spilled eggs, Porter replied, "No, I think these eggs are from a ghost." As you can see, he was a little leary as he follwed the trail, collecting eggs.

And we didn't sell him on the Easter Bunny theory until he finally found his basket o' goodies.

A little play time, a lot of sugar and a couple of showers later, and we were off to church.

What comes of plans for a "quick" family photo shoot? No time to check your hair and a slightly bed-headed look. I promise, I did do my hair; I just need to learn how to work my angles.

And after church, we took off for St. George to bask in the sunshine (how is it that Andy can get a sunburn in the rain at his soccer games on Saturday and I can't get even a hint of coloring after a cloudless day at the park?) and picnic with the Erskine clan at their annual Easter gathering.

The Burt contingency with Grandma and Grandpa.


In all, a very fun (and candy-filled) weekend.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

You all look so happy and healthy!

I have (1) adult cat and (1) newly planted herb/veggie/cactus/succulent garden to take care of.

I guess I'm slowly getting closer to motherhood... :)