12.17.2007

King-ing up the Goose-t

Ok, so I woke up yesterday morning to a little boy singing "booooooooooo...goose-t" over and over again. I poked my head through the door to find Porter hiding under his blanket. I had to stifle a laugh to get a picture before he heard me. I guess I know what Porter will be for Halloween next year.

We went to Costco this weekend, and I caught a glimpse of a day-in-the-life of Andy & Porter, when, after standing in line at the photo center (along with everyone else in southern Utah), I found the boys in the vision center trying on glasses. According to Andy, this is a normal afternoon activity whenever they go to Wal-Mart.

After all the shopping fun, we went home to do a little holiday baking. After giving Porter a beater covered in choclate, I carried him into the bathroom to give him a bath. When he looked in the mirror, he started crying because he was "messy." He kept screaming "king-up" until he was in the bath and I'd washed his face.

And what Burt-family weekend would be complete without a little trauma? Porter and I were dancing around the living room to a little Bing Crosby when he after spinning around, he stumbled into the Christmas tree. Judging from his face, the tree won.

And yes, this blemish bothered him too. Every time he notices it, he grabs his cheek and asks me to "king-up." Much to Andy's dismay, it looks like Porter got my OCD clean-gene. I hope it lasts through those stinky teenage years.

No comments: