10.23.2009

Wolf!

What do you do when your pediatrician cries H1N1 wolf?
Hole up in your house for a week, of course.

That's right, the Burt clan narrowly escaped the swine flu pandemic, settling, instead, for the regular old flu this past week when first Nora and then me and now Andy fell in to its cloudy-headed, sore-throated haze. And though we can't claim the now infamous H1N1 as our attacker (Nora was young enough that she got the official test), we sure have been hit by a mean little bug.

If I had pictures to post, you would see red-eyed bleariness and clammy pallors. And if I had video footage, you would hear a little nine-month-old whimper that would break your heart. Instead, I've only got these words (because who is really brave enough to take pictures of their sick, pajamaed selves?) and a little whining that all our big plans for SUU's Homecoming weekend and Cedar City's annual Sheep Parade (all this Saturday) have fallen to the wayside to make room for our first bout with the 2009 cold & flu season.

Influenza - 3
Burts - 1 (miraculously, aside from a runny nose, Porter has stayed fairly healthy and chipper)

2 comments:

Maxmomma said...

I'm glad you escaped the H1N1 strain, but am sorry you were sick anyway! I hope you are all feeling better now... a sick family is tough. Especially when momma is sick!

shuggy said...

well i'm glad it wasn't the nasty h1n1 but sorry you are all so sick!. and that porter didn't get it!